TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Please read carefully the terms in the conditions of contract. In completing and submitting the Booking Form, you agree to be bound by these conditions, which constitute the agreement between AND Beyond Ltd PTY (Serenity BootCamp) and you.
1. How to Book
To reserve your place on one of the tours, you should complete the Booking Form and send it, together with a non-refundable deposit of ZAR5000 per person per trip or; for retreats cheaper then ZAR 5000 the 50% of the price, to firstname.lastname@example.org. Some trips require a non-refundable additional deposit or instant payment for a permit. In these instances refer to the individual trip notes for an explanation.
The prices quoted on serenitybootcamp.com are for payment by paypal, cash, cheque, credit card or EFT. Prices quoted on nitybootcamp.com are also subject to change under the conditions moreover detailed at paragraph 13 of these terms and conditions. The balance of the retreat or tour price is payable to Serenity Bootcamp 70 days prior to departure. Prices are quoted in South African Rands and all payments must be made in the respective currency. If payment of the balance of the retreat or tour price is not received by Serenity Bootcamp by the required time, you will be taken as having cancelled the tour and cancellation charges in accordance with condition 4 will apply.
If you wish to cancel your tour, you must notify SerenityBootcamp in writing. Once Serenity Bootcamp receives your notice, cancellation will take effect subject to the following:
• If cancellation takes place more than 70 days prior to your departure date, your full deposit will be forfeited.
If cancellation takes place between 70 & 35 days prior to your departure date, 50% of the tour price will be forfeited.
If cancellation takes place less than 35 days prior to your departure date, 100% of the tour price will be forfeited.
4. Health & Fitness Requirements
You must be in good health and appropriate mental and physical condition. For some of the retreats and tours you will be required to submit a medical questionnaire completed by you or your doctor as proof that you are fit enough to participate in the retreat or tour. Some of the tours take place in remote areas where there is little or no access to normal medical services or hospital facilities for serious problems. Evacuation, where necessary, can be prolonged, difficult and expensive. Medical and evacuation expenses will be your responsibility.
5. Medical Disclosure
You declare and warrant that
• you are in good health and mental and physical fitness at the time of booking this tour;
• you have disclosed to Serenity Bootcamp every matter concerning your physical and mental health of which you are aware, or ought reasonably be expected to know;
• Immediately upon any adverse change in your health or fitness that may be you will notify Serenity Bootcamp in writing of any such adverse change:
• Serenity Bootcamp are permitted to disclose medical information to our yoga instructor.
• You have taken the necessary information, precautions to immunise/vaccinate for the destination you are travelling to.
If you fail to comply with the duty of disclosure in this condition and if Serenity Bootcamp would not have permitted you to undertake the retreat or tour, Serenity Bootcamp will not be liable for personal injury, death or property damage or loss incurred by you.
6. Yoga Teachers
• Serenity Bootcamp’ nominated yoga teachers take their responsibilities seriously and if for any reason a nominated tour leader believes, in his or her absolute discretion, that for any reason during a tour the nominated Yoga Teacher considers you should not participate further due to you committing an illegal act, or in the opinion of the nominated tour leader, your behavior is causing or is likely to cause danger, distress or annoyance to others, or your fitness or health is inadequate, he or she may direct you not to continue and you must follow the nominated Yoga Teacher instructions. In this case you will not be entitled to any refund. Travel insurance may compensate you depending on the circumstances.
• Serenity Bootcamp reserves the right to change, at any time, the nominated Yoga Teacher of any retreat or our. If that happens, Serenity Bootcamp will try to ensure that the alternative Yoga Teacher has expertise commensurate with that of the nominated Yoga Teacher. Any such change by Serenity Bootcamp will not give rise to any right on your part to cancel the tour or claim any expenses, loss or damage which may be suffered.
7. Cancellation due to tour booking numbers
Serenity Bootcamp reserves the right to cancel any tour prior to departure in the event that there are too few people booked on a retreat or tour in which case you will be given a full refund of the tour price paid by you. You will not be entitled to claim any additional amounts or seek any compensation for any injury, loss, expenses or damage (either direct or consequential) or for any loss of time or inconvenience which may result from such cancellation (including but not limited to visa, passport and vaccination charges, or departure, gear purchases, airport and airline taxes).
8. Route changes, Postponement, Cancellation or Delay
Serenity Bootcamp reserves the right to:
• change the date of departure or conclusion of the tour, or modify any aspect of the tour, or
• cancel or modify any routes within the tour or objectives set out in the itinerary, or
• substitute different or equivalent routes within the tour in place of cancelled or
modified deroutes, or
• postpone, cancel or delay (either in relation to the departure or arrival times or the duration of the tour) any such aspect of the tour if, in the absolute discretion of Serenity Bootcamp, it is necessary to do so due to inclement weather, snow or icy conditions or conditions that are otherwise likely to be hazardous or dangerous or due to any other adverse or threatening conditions whether political or military or terrorist or otherwise or if, in the absolute discretion of Serenity Bootcamp, there is a likelihood of any such event occurring which may impact upon the safety of the participants, or if an act or omission of a third party prevents the tour or the aspect of the tour being undertaken in accordance with your booking or for any other reason considered necessary by Serenity Bootcamp. In the event of any change, modification, cancellation postponement or delay under this condition, you acknowledge that you will have no right of refund of the tour price (whether in whole or in part) and no right to claim compensation for any injury, loss or damage or other additional expenses incurred by virtue of the change, modification, cancellation postponement or delay.
Serenity Bootcamp also reserves, in its absolute discretion, the right to cancel any tour due to any government travel warning or advice, or any change in such warning or advice. Travel insurance may compensate you depending on the circumstances.
Itineraries and other details are published in good faith as statements of intention only and reasonable changes in the itinerary and related items may be made where deemed necessary or advisable by Serenity Bootcamp. The information contained in Serenity Bootcamp ‘ fliers and web site is, to the best of Serenity Bootcamp’ belief, correct at the date of publishing.
Personal travel insurance is not included in the tour price. It is a condition of booking a tour with Serenity Bootcamp, and your responsibility to ensure that you are adequately insured for the full duration of the tour in respect of illness, injury, death, loss of baggage and personal items and cancellation and curtailment. You must provide evidence to Serenity Bootcamp that you have obtained personal travel insurance. You must ensure that your personal travel insurance covers all of the activities you expect to participate.
11. Proof of citizenship or information required for travel
It is your responsibility to obtain proper identification or proof of citizenship as required by the authorities of the destination to which you are travelling. You will not be entitled to a refund if you are denied boarding or entry on any basis, including without limitation, improper documentation or failure to provide information. It is recommended that your passport is valid for six months beyond the date of your return home to your home country.
12. Airlines and other transport providers
Any material published by Serenity Bootcamp, the Booking Form and these conditions of contract are not issued on behalf of, and do not commit any airline whose services are used or proposed to be used in the course of the retreat or tour. In the event that an airline’s proposed travel or fare schedule is amended or cancelled, such amendment or cancellation will not be considered a cancellation of the tour by Serenity Bootcamp. Any flights or other transport forming part of the tour arrangements are subject to the conditions of the carrying airline or other transport entity, which in most cases limits the airlines’ or other transport entity’s liability to passengers in accordance with applicable international law and conventions. The liability of Serenity Bootcamp, any airline or other transport provider is limited so far as possible by the following conventions: Warsaw Convention 1929, as amended by the Hague Protocol and Montreal Protocol in relation to air travel; or Montreal Convention 1999; the Berne Convention for rail travel 1980; Athens Convention 1974 for carraiage by sea: and the Geneva Convention for Carriage by Road 1978.
13. Tour Prices
Package prices are per person based on ground costs, fuel prices, airfares, exchange rates and assumptions made at the time of printing the brochure. Serenity Bootcamp tries its utmost not to increase tour prices (in full or part), however sometimes increases are outside its control. Serenity Bootcamp reserves the right to amend tour prices (or any part) without notice at any time before and including the departure date. Amendments may be necessitated for many reasons including, but not limited to, exchange rate fluctuations, increased fuel costs, airfares, airport charges, increases in ground operator service fees, or the need to engage alternative air or ground operators. Any increase in tour prices must be paid prior to the departure date. Should the increase of your tour price be greater then 7% of your original tour price, you have the right to cancel your trip and get a refund for the monies paid for your tour. You will not be entitled to claim any additional amounts or seek any compensation for any injury, loss, expenses or damage (either direct or consequential) or for any loss of time or inconvenience which may result from such cancellation (including but not limited to visa, passport and vaccination charges, or departure, gear purchases, airport and airline taxes).
14. Exclusions from tour price
Without limitation, the following items are excluded from the tour price:
• personal travel insurance;
• visa, passport and vaccination charges;
• departure, airport and airline taxes;
• extra meals, transport costs, accommodation costs, or other expenses not included in the itinerary; laundry, postage, personal clothing, medical expenses & items of a personal nature; emergency evacuation and/or emergency search charges;
• additional expenses caused by delay, accidents or disruption of planned itineraries;
• tips, onboard beverages and excess baggage charges.
Refer to our tour notes for full details.
15. Force Majeure
If Serenity Bootcamp is prevented (directly or indirectly) from performing any of its obligations under this agreement by reason of act of God, strikes, trade disputes, fire, breakdowns, interruption of transport, government or political action, acts of war or terrorism, acts or omissions of a third party or for any other cause whatsoever outside Serenity Bootcamp’ reasonable control, Serenity Bootcamp will be under no liability whatsoever to you and may, at its option, by written notice to you either cancel the retreat or tour.
16. Assumption of risk
You acknowledge that:
• in the countries and regions in which yoga retreat or tour is undertaken, standards of accommodation, transport, health care, hygiene, safety and service provision generally are often not as high as those standards in your country of residence and may require flexibility and patience on your part; and
• operational control of the tour may be in the hands of a third party and that your right of action in regard to any shortcomings of that third party’s performance is against the third party and not against Serenity Bootcamp; and
• the additional dangers and risks associated with adventure travel may include di cult and dangerous terrain; high altitude; extremes of weather, including sudden and unexpected changes; political instability; remoteness from normal medical services and from communications; and evacuation difficulties in the event of illness or injury; and .
• the enjoyment and excitement of a yoga retreat and tour is derived in part from the inherent unpredictability associated with travels and that those inherent dangers and risks are a reason why you wish to undertake the adventure tour, and
• you have submitted your booking for the retreat or tour after giving due consideration of relevant travel information including, without limitation, any relevant information or advice given by your governments and that it is your responsibility to acquaint yourself that information or advice, for the above reasons you therefore accept the inherent and increased dangers and risks associated with the proposed adventure tour and the accompanying risk of injury, death or property damage or loss.
You accept that:
• Serenity Bootcamp acts as a booking agent for third-party tour operators and accepts no liability for the acts or omissions of those third-party tour operators; and
• Serenity Bootcamp will not be liable for any breach of any law by any person with whom you travel on the tour; and
• you may not rely on any representations concerning the tour made by Serenity Bootcamp wich are contained in these conditions
18. Release and waiver of liability
•you release, waive, discharge, hold harmless and agree to indemnify Serenity Bootcamp and its officers, employees, agents, licensees, guides and other representatives and the land management authorities in the countries in which the tour is conducted (each of whom are collectively referred to as “Serenity Bootcamp and its employees”) from all claims, actions or losses for bodily injury, property damage, wrongful death, loss of services, loss profits, consequential, exemplary, indirect or punitive damages or otherwise which may arise out of or occur during your travel in connection with the retreat or tour or any activities conducted in conjunction there within unless caused by the wilful negligence or wrongful act of Serenity Bootcamp and its employees; and regardless of the situation or circumstances giving rise to the claim you waive any claims you have, or may at any time have, against Serenity Bootcamp and its employees and you agree, by accepting the additional inherent dangers and risks associated with the tour, not to make any claim against or seek any compensation from Serenity Bootcamp and its employees in respect of any personal injury, illness or death suffered by you or damage to or loss of property sustained by you as a result of your participation in the tour. To the extent permitted by law, section 74 of the Trade Practices Act 1974 Commonwealth (as amended) does not apply to this contract. If section 74 of the Trade Practices Act 1974 does apply Serenity Bootcamp’ liability is limited to resupplying the services or paying the costs of resupplying the services, whichever is the lesser.
A party will not be deemed to have waived any of its rights or remedies under these conditions or at law by allowing any time or indulgence or by not exercising any right or remedy arising out of any default by the other party. If any part of a condition is illegal, unenforceable or invalid, it is to be treated as removed from the conditions, however, the remainder of the conditions are not altered.